It all started with an idea.
Traci Veek (I’ll Take Tea), who began handwriting the scriptures for her own personal and spiritual growth, had an idea. She felt led to broaden the handwriting of scripture concept, using it not for personal edification, but for Bible poverty awareness. With a new idea in hand, Traci began using social media outlets to share what she was doing and why. Before long, many across the nation began joining Traci, writing the word for Bible poverty awareness. A community was born, a vision was cast.
If you are new to the #writetheWord concept, here are suggestions from Traci, herself:
- Seek Him
- Talk to your spouse
- Ask the Lord to give you a deep seeded desire for Bible poverty awareness
- Commit time each day to write the Word
- Start small (maybe begin writing chapter a day)
- Use social media to share your mission and raise awareness (#endBiblepoverty and #writetheWord on twitter)
- Participate in The Seed Company Blog Instagram Link Up the first, second and third Wednesday of each month
- Expand your immediate community by inviting friends, family, neighbors and acquaintences to cheer you on
- Pray for and invite said friends, family, neighbors and aquaintences to join the #endBiblepoverty/#writetheWord journey
- A Bible, any version
- Notebooks, any color/style
- Writing instrument, one that writes well
Today is the FIRST #writetheWord/#endBiblePoverty Instagram Link up. Instagram a photo you feel represents your #writetheWord experience and share it below. After linking and following The Seed Company on twitter, please tweet your photo using the hashtags: #writetheWord and #endBiblepoverty. Once you’ve tweeted, hop over to our Facebook community ~ #WritetheWord ~ and “like” it. Then, scoot on over to Pinerest and “pin” your image. Additionally, if you’re a Google+ user, share your photo there, making sure to use the aforementioned hashtags.
Join the movement! Let’s do all we can to END BIBLE POVERTY.